BTC Press Pass Guidelines
Artistic Ventures Inc. dba, The Boston Tattoo Convention
Press Pass Guidelines
We offer gratis convention press passes to agents of publications/media that educate the general public about body art. Our purpose in granting press passes is to increase public awareness of, and support for, the artists, vendors, and causes supported at our convention.
Press passes are handled on a case-by-case basis. They should be requested in advance—at least one week before a convention begins.
1.Press passes are offered to one agent per publication, unless agreed upon otherwise.
2. Low-cost, wide-circulation publications are most eligible for press passes.
3. High-cost, limited-circulation publications can be eligible but we may ask such a publication to exchange advertising of equivalent value for a convention registration. Such an arrangement should be formalized well in advance.
4. When requesting a press pass, an agent should provide identification (business card or professional ID). We may request a sample current issue of his/her publication.
5. Freelance writers should present a letter stating they are hired to cover the convention. If this is not applicable, writers should offer samples of published work.
6. Use of cameras is restricted. Agents must obtain prior written permission to film any presenter during regular sessions. We can provide agents with an agreement form in advance of the conference. To prevent conference piracy, no more than half of any given session may be filmed.
7. We do not provide pressrooms and storage for equipment. We are not responsible for equipment belonging to an agent.
8. Agents are not permitted to advertise their publication or invite subscriptions while attending the convention. We offer separate arrangements for display of sample issues.
9. We appreciate copies of articles resulting from our conventions.
10. Any agent who is disruptive or acts contrary to AVI’s educational purpose or these guidelines will be asked to leave the convention.
If you would like a press pass, or if you need clarification of these guidelines, please contact Natan Alexander by email at email@example.com or by phone 978.744.9393.