March 13th, 2020
To All Artists, Vendors, & Attendees:
1. At this time, due to the governor’s mandate banning large gatherings, the 19th Annual Boston Tattoo Convention has been rescheduled to the weekend of April 9th-11th, 2021
2. As per our regular policy, we will not be accepting cancellations for any booth registrations. We will honor all ticket purchases for and booth registrations for 2021:
2021 Date: April 9-11, 2021
The health and safety of our staff, audiences, and artists is of the utmost importance to us at the Boston Tattoo Convention,and we are closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus/COVID-19 situation as it develops. We are working with the Boston Public Health Commission and the Hynes Convention Center, following the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Our venue the Hynes Convention Center has created a dedicated web page with frequent updates addressing their aggressive approach to COVID-19 precautions. We advise you to stay tuned there for updates.
We are taking the following precautions for your health and comfort:
- We will increase all janitorial services, including the frequency and level of cleaning of the public spaces at our convention.
- We will post signage throughout the convention requiring that all seats and armrests are disinfected before and after every tattoo.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfecting wipes will be placed throughout our venue.
- We recommend that anyone not feeling well stay at home.
- We encourage all patrons, as well as our own staff and artists, to take the standard precautions, including frequent and thorough handwashing to prevent the spread of any flu-like illness. Additional information on prevention measures can be found on the CDC website here.
- Signs regarding proper hygiene practices will be placed in all restrooms.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and will post up-to-date information on our website and social media channels should our plans change.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish good health to you all and hope to see you in Boston!
Boston Tattoo Convention