- 1. All judges are impartial and unbiased. All entries are considered fairly and equally upon their own merit.
- 2. The performing artists remain anonymous until awards are presented, judging is based solely on the technical and artistic qualities of each tattoo.
- 3. The entrance fee for each contest is $10. Winning artists and winning collectors will receive a plaque. Contest registration is open to all applicants whose artist is attending the convention
- 4. All Tattoo of the Day entrants must be performed by artists in attendance at the convention, started and completed on the day of the contest.
- 5. Both the tattoo artist and the collector must be present to receive their plaque for Tattoo of the Day. The collector must be present for their plaque in all other categories. In the case that either is absent, trophies will be awarded to the runner up.
- 6. All submissions to the "Best Cover-Up" category must include a clear and publishable "before" photograph.
- 7. Photographers from multiple tattoo and life-style magazines will be present to photograph contest winners and participants. The Boston Tattoo Convention reserves the right to publish these photographs for promotional and documentation purposes.
- 8. May the best tattoo win!
Friday: Tattoo of the Day (Registration 8-11pm, with judging at 11pm, and awards at 11:15pm.)
Saturday: Registration for all contests closes at 6pm, with judging at 7pm.
- Small Color
- Small Black and Grey
- Medium Color
- Medium Black and Grey
- Cover-Up (clear "before" photo necessary)
- Large Color
- Large Black and Grey
- Fine Art (Drawings, Paintings, Sculpture, etc.)
- Tattoo of the Day (Registration by 9:30pm, judging at 10:00pm, awards at 10:30pm.)
Sunday: Registration for all contests closes at 4:30pm, with judging at 5pm.
- Overall Female
- Overall Male
- Back Piece
- Tattoo of the Day (Registration by 5:30pm, judging at 6pm, awards at 6:15pm.)