2020 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
The 19th Annual Boston Tattoo Convention
Hynes Convention Center – Boston MA – April 3-5, 2020
YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS MADE & PARTICIPATING ARTIST PORTFOLIO LINKS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW. IF YOU HAVEN’T PAID, YOU HAVEN’T REGISTERED. WE WILL ONLY HAND OUT ARTIST PASSES TO ARTISTS WITH APPROVED PORTFOLIOS, SO PLEASE INCLUDE ALL INFORMATION IN YOUR INITIAL REGISTRATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY ARTISTS THAT ARE “TO BE DETERMINED” AT TIME OF REGISTRATION, YOU MUST SUBMIT THAT INFORMATION BEFORE THE CONVENTION IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ALL YOUR PASSES AT THE EVENT.
BPHC CHANGES FOR 2020: BOSTON PERMIT APPLICATIONS ARE NOW ACCEPTED ONLINE THROUGH THE BPHC WEBSITE. PLEASE REVIEW ALL BOSTON BODY ART PERMIT INFORMATION & LINK TO NEW APPLICATION SITE BELOW REGISTRATION FORM.
Important information for attending artists:
You must secure a temporary body art permit with the City of Boston to work at the event, unless you already have a current Boston body art permit. Please submit all required materials & payment online or by mail as early as possible to ensure your application is received & processed in time.
NEW FOR 2020: Online Boston Permit Application
1: Read These Directions First: How to Submit Body Art Practitioner License Application Online
2: Application Link: https://aca3.accela.com/bphc
With your application, attach or upload the following:
- Copy of valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state ID)
- Certificate of completion of blood borne pathogen course
- Certificate of completion of anatomy & physiology course (if doing piercing)
- Certificate of completion of first aid/CPR course
- Proof of experience
If you would prefer to use regular mail:
- Include ALL of the following items:
- $75.00 fee made out to Boston Public Health Commission
- BPHC Application
- Copies of: First Aid, CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens (this training can be completed online at: www.icpri.com)
- Current Personal & Studio Body Art Permits, or for states which do not issue such permits, copies of your business license or Tax ID number
- Photo ID (State ID or Passport)
2: Mail to:
ATTN: Body Art Practitioner License Application
Environmental & Occupational Health Division
Boston Public Health Commission
1010 Massachusetts Avenue, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02118
Questions or concerns about your registration? Email us at email@example.com or call us at our BTC headquarters Witch City Ink at 978-744-9393.
Also, please note: we will be contacting you regularly once you are registered for the tattoo convention, with important information regarding the convention. Please make sure that you have us added to your email address book (firstname.lastname@example.org), so our emails don’t end up in your spam folder. If you have a Gmail account, we are finding that some of our emails end up in the “Promotions” folder, so make sure to check there for communications from us!